The Meeting Place – Anna Chaplaincy
The Meeting Place(TMP) has worked for over 10 years from its base in Bookham to support those who are isolated in our community. We are now taking an exciting step forward to extend our work and, in conjunction with local churches in the area, to develop a chaplaincy to reach out to older people in Bookham and District.
We are looking for someone who loves working with older people. For someone with Christian faith who will work ecumenically across all church traditions, with people of other faiths and with no faith.
We want to recruit to a new post: ANNA CHAPLAIN for Bookham and District
- The post is for 20 hours a week
- Salary from £14,000 to £15,600 per annum depending on skills and qualifications
- Flexible working with be required involving the occasional Sunday and evening responsibility
- Annual leave is 28 days including statutory Bank Holidays.
Your office base will be at Eastwick Road Church, Eastwick Road, Great Bookham, KT23 4BE.
TMP has been authorised by the Bible Reading Fellowship (BRF) to establish this post, which is one of a growing number of Anna Chaplains across the country, with a specific ministry to older people. Our Anna Chaplain will join a team of volunteers who are already working in the local care home and in a telephone befriending service. Click here for the national Anna Chaplaincy website.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Offering spiritual support to older people whether they are living in their own home, care homes or sheltered housing
- Supporting and training family and professional carers in the delivery of spiritual care as part of an old person’s care needs
- Advocating for the needs of older people across our churches and the wider community.
The appointment is subject to a medical, and an enhanced DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For more information about TMP and a Job Description please click here.
To indicate your interest in this post please email email@example.com. An application form and CV will be required.
Closing date for applications: 2nd July 2021. Interviews will be held on 19th July 2021.